Monday, January 16, 2012

project: Honda RA272 #10

As the RA272 project comes to an end, I wanted to share some photos of the finished product.

I opted not to put the racing numbers and driver's name on the car to keep the look cleaner.  I applied 2 block letter Honda decals (one on each side), the red sun (of japan), and the classic red "H".

In continuation from the last post, here are the finished wheels on the car

 
The last step was a fitting end with the application of the red H emblem.

As I reflect on this build, I think it was a great kit for a beginnerIt required a lot of attention to detail with the engine and suspension components, but did not require a lot of skill with the body panel finishing.  I found that applying paint with a brush was a bit more natural and intuitive vs. lacquer spray paints.  The body panels in this kit are small and easy to work with as they do not require much masking nor do they have any difficult contours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment