Friday, April 6, 2012

project: NSX-R #6

With the rolling chassis and body complete, a quick snap together results in a finished car.


The red tail lights come clear from Tamiya.  I applied clear red acrylic on the inside of the lights.  I also used clear smoke acrylic on the outside of the lights to give it a more authentic darker type-r look.  I opted not to use the photo-etched NSX-R license plate in favor of the Japanese license plate decal.


I applied chrome silver acrylic to the styrene headlight buckets.  Once dry, a glued the headlights onto them.  Must say they turned out pretty realistic looking.  I like how Tamiya allows you to pop the lights up or down even after the kit is built.  A few finishing touches include gluing the front parking lights, windshield wipers, and rear view mirror on.  There is also a water slide decal that can be applied to the top of the windshield to simulate a blue tinted strip.


Finally done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment