Wednesday, January 4, 2012

project: Honda RA272 #5

The driver's seat is a main component of the model which gets a lot of visibility once fully assembled.  I wanted to make it stand out, so I chose 4 different colors for each section of the seat.  I used semi gloss black, flat dark grey, flat aluminum, and gloss brown.


For the smaller grey and brown sections, a flat #0 brush did the trick.  The larger sections were best tackled with a flat #2.  The radiator was done in chrome silver with a 1:5 ratio mix of brown and gold leaf for the radiator frame.

With the seat, floor board, and front suspension complete, it was time to move on the the rear end and the remaining mechanical components.


I prep each piece individually and attach them with regular blue painters tape onto a scrap piece of card board.  I try to pay particular attention to surfaces that require masking and attach those surfaces to the masking tape.  This way I save time by not having to spend more time than necessary masking.

No comments:

Post a Comment