Wednesday, January 4, 2012

ride: 1.3.12

I reached a good break point in my NSX-R project and decided to set it aside for a few days.  It was a great opportunity to take a ride.

I took a '04 GSX-R 750 for a foggy day ride looking for some adventure.  I've owned this 750 as I like to call it for about 8 years now (since new) and am reluctant to let it go even though i've considered selling it on and off for a few years now.  It is my track bike, but have found it enjoyable as a street bike.  Also having a 1000cc bike in the garage that makes about 166hp, compared to the 750, is simply too powerful to enjoy legally on public roads.  You can barely get the motor spinning up before you are breaking the speed limit on most roads by at least a multiple of 2.  The 750 simply has great geometry between track and street with great usable power that you can rev up much more compared to most sporting liter bikes.  The extra noise and buzz from the smaller motor simply adds to the sense of fun.  Though I have to remind myself that the 750 is about as powerful as the original Yamaha R1 that shocked the world back in the late 90's (but crammed into a 600cc frame).  8 years later, I still find the bike very potent and enjoyable every time I have a chance to ride it. 

In just 15 minutes & few hundred feet of climbing, the 750 helped me escape the fog and brought me a brilliant sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment